DIY String or Thread painting can be done with kids of all ages and is a great way to engage them and have fun at home with easily available material – string/thread and colours.
Hello friends, today we are going to learn DIY String or Thread painting with kids
Many of you must have tried this thread painting with your kids or used to do in your childhood.
We parents are sometimes so busy with our daily routine work that it becomes really hard to take few moments from our busy schedule and spend some creative time with our children like arts and crafts. As parents we want to connect with our kids through some art and craft activities but sometimes family chores get in the way of creative time.
It’s really wonderful to let our kids learn how the small and beautiful things around us can be used in many different ways to create really wonderful art and craft things.
If you have not yet tried this wonderful painting method with your kids then try this today. Its not only fun and engaging but also helps you kid in their growth and development
Materials required for DIY Thread Painting
Process to make DIY Thread Painting
1 ) Just cut the small pieces of thread or string and keep them aside.
2) Take a paper (I used A4 sheet for this) and fold it into half. You just need to make a mark on paper.
Note : If you want you can use two A4 sheets, in that case you will get two symmetrical paintings.
3) Take a piece of thread/string and dip into the colour bottle, while doing this, do not leave the thread in the bottle just hold the another end of thread.
4) Take the thread out and keep the thread in any shape on one half of paper.
5) Still do not leave one end of thread and fold the another half of paper and gently rub on it. It will create the symmetrical image on the other half of paper.
6) Keep your hand on the paper and pull out the thread.
7) Then open the paper and see the symmetrical images on paper.
8) Keep doing the same, and repeat the process till you cover the whole paper with lots of colourful symmetrical images.
At the end you will see your masterpiece. It is really wonderful to see the symmetrical colourful images on paper.
Liked This Post ?
You may also want to try other kids crafts and activities we do. Check out more ideas here on our Kids crafts and activities page.
You may also want to read our popular post on How you can contribute to your Child’s growth and development.
Your Turn Now
In case if you liked this article do show your support by sharing this article.
Like our Facebook Page
Stay connected with us using your favorite social media, we can be found on
Add a comment
Did you like this article on Thread painting? Have you been doing kid’s crafts and activities at home ? Do let us know using comments below. Would love to hear from you
Do you have a Kid craft/activity that you would like us to feature, drop us a mail on [email protected]