Confused about which is the best baby crib in India? Worry not! We got you covered. From educating you about the difference between a baby crib, a baby cot, and a bassinet to helping you choose the best baby crib cot beds in India, we got your backs.
If you are wondering what you would do with baby cribs after they grow up? We have answers for that too. The convertible cribs in India are multipurpose and can be used for varied purposes. So hop on as we help you choose the best baby cot for the apple of your eyes.
Also check – Best carry cots for babies in India
✅ Are you a new mom? Check this article on POST-PARTUM ESSENTIALS
What is a Baby Crib?
A baby crib is a small bed specially designed for the baby. It has high slatted sides to prevent the baby from falling.
Top 10 Baby Crib in India
Below We have covered details of the top 10 Baby Cribs in India to help you choose better.
R for Rabbit Hide & Seek Plus Baby Crib
- It comes with a bassinet layer that gives an ideal comfortable position.
- It is certified by European standards and has verified tags of the fabrics that are used.
- Very durable and can be easily
- Babies enjoy their playtime with the toy bar on the top.
- Comes with a mosquito net
- The mattress is quite hard and quite uncomfortable for the baby. So you need to purchase an extra one.
Also Read – Best baby carriers in India
LuvLap C-70 Wooden Baby Crib India
- Manufactured with premium quality pine wood which gives it a fine finish.
- Comes with wheels that can be locked and are even revered for the rocking function
- The baby cot by LuvLap is ergonomically designed for the baby’s comfort
- Provides the option for 3-level height adjustment
- It is a bit overpriced for the features it offers.
- Also, it can be used till the baby is a year old.
BAYBEE 2 in 1 wooden baby crib
- It has cushioned mattress and the sides are airy which is perfect for a baby’s sound sleep.
- The mattress can be shifted at 4 different height adjustments.
- The lockable wheels make it easily portable.
- Cleaning can be done easily.
- 2-in-1 convertibility from a crib to a daybed.
- It can be used only upto a year.
Fisher-Price Joy Wood Crib/Cot for Baby
- The assembly process is quite hassle-free
- Occupies very little space and hence ideal for flats with smaller rooms too.
- It is quite lightweight and you can easily carry it to another room.
- Good quality mattress and bedding come with it.
- Quite spacious which allows the baby to stretch any which way.
- The mattress rests on a base that is not strong enough.
- Quite expensive for the quality it offers.
R for Rabbit Baby’s Den Wooden Baby Cot with Mattress
Check out all the useful and sturdy Baby Gears by R for Rabbit <<< Click here.
- Made with premium Wood.
- Comes with 2 sides packed for better safety.
- Has 3-level height adjustment.
- Provided with an extremely comfortable mattress.
- With easy-to-move durable wheels for movement.
- Suitable for kids age 0 to 18 months.
- Has a carrying capacity of 20 kg.
- No opening on the side. As a result, a short parent might find it difficult to put the baby in the crib when the height is at the lowest level.
✅ Worried about your Baby’s Safety all the time- Check the Best Baby Monitors Here
BabyTeddy 9-in-1 Patented Multifunctional Baby Crib
- Remove one side of the baby cot and connect it with your bed. Now the baby is well within your reach while you want to rest.
- The height adjustment can be done as per international standards
- The best part is that you can convert it into a desk once the baby grows out of it.
- A little storage space on the bottom for baby’s diapers, clothes, etc
- The rim of the crib has teething protection
- The mattress provided with it is quite thin and one needs to buy an additional mattress for the baby’s comfort.
Mee Mee Rocking Wooden Baby Cot
- Easy to clean the baby crib
- The baby cot can be converted into a toddler bed once the baby grows up.
- Comes with caster wheels and the rocking function too.
- Ergonomically designed for baby’s comfort.
- No mattress or mosquito net with it.
- Quite sturdy and good quality as it is shipped directly from the factory.
- The baby crib is easily convertible into a study table once the baby grows up.
- Quite easy to assemble.
- Not many features are available like extra storage space or adjustable height.
This is one of the best-rated Cribs In India <<< CLICK HERE
- The finishing is quite good and there are no sharp edges.
- Very spacious baby crib and gives enough space to the baby when they start turning over.
- Best part is that you can use it for a long time till your kid reaches 3 years of age.
- Easily attachable to the bed
- No mattress is provided with it.
- One needs to buy shorter rails to convert into a toddler bed.
- Not easily portable as it doesn’t have wheels.
- Adjustable height at two different levels
- One side of the cot is detachable. So when the baby grows, you can pull it out so that the baby can climb and sit on it own his own.
- Well ventilated cot base gives a good night’s sleep to the baby.
- The entire conversion kit is included
- One of the biggest drawbacks is that it doesn’t come with a mattress so you have to purchase one separately.
Editor’s choice baby crib- best value for money baby crib?
- Easily convertible into a rocker, napper, and playard too.
- Conveniently and portable as it has wheels that can be locked when you don’t want to move the crib.
- Comes with a detachable mosquito net
- Height adjustment can be done to 3 levels.
Also read – Best Baby carriers in India
FAQs on Baby Cribs
As first-time parents we always have too many questions and doubts, here below we have answered some of the frequently asked questions for you.
Is there a difference between the baby cribs and cot beds, & Bassinets?
A baby crib is an infant’s bed that can be used till the baby turns 2 years old. Baby cot and Baby crib can be used interchangeably. The term Baby cot is used in British English whereas Baby crib is used in American English.
A Bassinet is a smaller and lighter baby bed. It can even have wheels. But it can be used only in the initial few months after birth. After that, the baby quickly outgrows the bassinet and it won’t be of any use after that.
How to choose the best Baby Crib?
A baby crib should be comfortable for the baby and safe too. To choose the best baby crib consider the following points:
- Style of the crib: A crib is available in a variety of options – standard crib, portable crib, convertible crib, round crib, or antique crib. Basis your budget and requirements you can choose the best one for your baby.
- Certified: Many cribs come with European standard certificate. Quality certified cribs are absolutely safe for the baby.
- Durable and Firm: The crib should stand firm on the floor even when you pick up your baby from the crib. A strong base is necessary for the baby’s safety.
- Best in basic: If the cribs have intricate details on the side bars then there is high possibility of the baby clothes getting entangled in it. Hence, the basic crib with straight side bars is the best and safest for the baby. The bars should not be more than 2-3/8” apart to prevent the baby from slipping out.
- Mattress: The mattress should be snugly fit in the crib and should not move evn if the baby twists and turns.
- Ease of assembly: The crib should be easy to assemble so that you can do it on your own. However, if it is a little complex, check if the seller is providing assembly services too.
- A teething rail: The rail of the crib is usually made of plastic but ensure it is a good quality teether plastic. Because once your baby starts standing up, he will pull himself up to the rail of the crib and dig in his teeth.
According to us, the crib that qualifies under all the heads is BabyTeddy 9-in-1 Patented Multifunctional Baby Crib .
Can a newborn sleep in a crib?
A safe crib can be used for the newborn right from day 0. Just take care of the following points before making your newborn sleep in the crib:
- Keep the crib in the same room where you sleep.
- The crib should have a snugly fitted firm mattress
- Keep the pillows, cushions, soft toys away before making the baby sleep. This will give ample space for the baby to sleep and avoid SID too.
- Cribs should not be broken or unstable.
Pre-loved cribs might have a screw or two loose which you might not notice initially. But after some time it may break or fall down. A strong baby crib will ensure your baby’s safety, hence we recommend you buy a new one from online sites like Amazon.in
Is a baby cot useful in India?
Baby cots are very useful for infants as they give proper dedicated space to the baby to sleep or play. Co-sleeping is not a safe option as you might suffocate the baby in sleep. On the other hand, baby cots provide enough space for the baby to stretch, roll, or turn over. They can sleep and play in their own personal space.
Are convertible baby cribs worth the investment?
A convertible baby crib is one that can be converted into a toddler bed or a full size. This usually requires conversion kits and it is really useful to invest in convertible baby cribs. A usual baby crib can be used for a year and a half. However, the convertible baby cribs can be used till your child grows into a toddler and even after that as a play bed or a day bed.
There are some convertible baby cribs that can be converted into a rocker or a cradle and it is again a great option to go for.
The Roomie Glide is a one-of-a-kind convertible baby cot available in India. It has a firm mattress and cushioned walls that can be easily converted into a playard and has 11 height adjustments.
Why do parents need a baby crib? Benefits of the crib for babies.
Many Indian parents consider a crib as an option rather than a necessity. However, a crib is a lifesaver for new parents and they should definitely invest in one. Here are a few benefits of the baby crib:
- Independent sleeping: Baby gets into the habit of sleeping on his own and even soothing himself. It reduces his anxiety levels and gradually kids learn to go to sleep on their own. This can save your precious sleep too.
- Safe option: A crib is the safest option for an infant or toddler. Once the baby is in the crib you need not worry about his safety. The sides are too high for the baby to climb out. Also, it reduces the risk of SIDS.
- Spacious for babies: Co-sleeping gives little space to the baby to twist and turn. But on the crib the baby has all the space for himself. He can twist, turn and stretch as his heart desires.
- Convertible bed: The primary benefit of using crib is that it can be used for years by converting it into a toddler bed or a daytime bed.
Baby cribs offer a lot of benefits to the parents and some plastic cribs like R for Rabbit Hide and Seek baby crib is easily portable, travel friendly, and can be used as a playpen too.
How long can a crib be used?
A baby crib can be easily and comfortably used for a year. After that, if the baby outgrows the length of the crib then it would be tougher to use. However, you can invest in a convertible crib and it offers multiple usage options in the initial years of the baby.
Cribs like Fisher-Price – Florence Multifunction Baby Crib and Bed have multiple uses. Parts of it can be used as a chair and table for the kids when they grow up. So it can be used even till the kid turns 7-8 years old.
Precautions to be taken while using baby crib?
There are a few precautions parents must take when you leave the baby alone in the crib.
- The crib must be properly installed and keep checking its screws from time to time.
- In the first 6 months place the crib in the same room that you are sleeping in.
- The mattress should be firm and tightly fitted in the crib without any gaps. There should be no place for the baby to slip in his hands and get stuck.
- When the baby is in a drowsy state, lay him straight on the back.
- Do not keep cushions, pillows or soft toys in the crib while the baby is sleeping.
- While using a blanket, tightly tuck the 3 sides of the blanket under the mattress and on the 4th side cover the baby to the chest.
The best baby mattress that can be used with baby crib?
When it comes to the safety of your baby’s crib, you need to make sure you are using a firm mattress that fits snugly in your baby’s crib. Thankfully, the full-sized cribs and the mattresses come in standard dimensions. So, ideally the full-size mattress purchased separately for a full-size crib should fit snugly in the crib. Since baby cots come in various sizes, you should check the dimensions of the mattress too. The Centuray mattresses have a plethora of options and are one of the best baby mattresses for the baby crib.
Which is the safest baby crib?
Choosing a safe baby crib is important to prevent mishaps with the baby. Here are few points to consider to ensure you have chosen the safest baby crib:
- The baby crib should have proper safety ratings.
- The slats of the crib should not be spaced more than two and three eight inches apart. Else the baby might get trapped or entangled.
- There should be no sharp corners on the slats, rim or any exposed screws and bolts.
- The mattress should be tightly fitted in the crib. The side bars should go till the base of the mattress and ensure a stable base for the crib.
- In the adjustable cribs, the latches must be closed tightly. It shouldn’t be openable by the baby.
- A non-toxic paint should be used on the crib because the babies are used to licking and chewing on everything around them.
- The bedding set for baby cot like quilt, neck pillow, bolsters should be soft, warm and made of 100% cotton.
The crib that satisfies all the above parameters is a safe crib.
Do cribs have safety ratings? What certifications should a crib have?
Absolutely! The crib has safety ratings and one must check them before buying a crib for baby. The market is flooded with cribs that look the same however they might vary in the quality of materials used and the way they are made. Hence, it is recommended to buy a crib with Green Guard Gold safety ratings.
Is it essential to buy a separate mattress for the baby cot?
Most of the good quality, branded baby cribs come with a mattress. However, there are times when they don’t or the mattress that comes with it is not cozy enough. For such instances, you can buy an additional mattress for the baby cot.
For extra protection of the mattress, you should definitely invest in a bed protector that is water resistant and keeps the mattress dry at all times. This just enhances the life of the mattress.
Which is the best mattress for a baby crib?
A lot of mattresses are available in the market but you need to consider the size that would perfectly fit into your baby’s crib. Our favorite is the WakeFit baby crib mattress which comes in various sizes.
- It is a firm mattress made of high resilience foam
- The cover is made of knitted fabric that is removable. So, you can wash it whenever it gets dirty.
- A great value for money product.
Is IKEA crib safe?
IKEA SUNDVIK baby cot is cozy for the baby and their SUNDVIK and SMAGORA range can be adjusted at two heights. It can also be easily converted into a pint-sized bed and you can easily use the baby cot for a longer time. The IKEA baby cots are made of harmless materials and follow the highest safety standards. So, you can trust your baby with them.
When should I start buying a crib?
New parents start planning the nursery for the baby the moment they conceive. So, you should buy the baby cot before delivering the baby so that you have a complete setup right from day one. Check out the online store HERE for a lot of options.