Read free tutorial on how to make National Flag with popsicle sticks. You can hang it on wall or can keep it on a table. It’s a wonderful preschool Republic Day or Independence day craft for kids.
Materials required to make national flag with popsicle sticks
- Ice-cream sticks
- Fevicryl acrylic colours (Orange, White, Green and Blue)
- Paint brush
- Glue or Fevicol
- Ribbon or Thread (preferably of blue colour)
Process to make national flag with popsicle sticks
Step 1 – To make this national flag with popsicle sticks you need 11 sticks and fevicryl acrylic colours.
Step 2 – Paint the sticks with safron, white and green colour (three sticks of each colour). Keep them aside for a while.
Note – To give it a nice look, its preferable to paint the sticks from both sides.
Step 3 – Take two sticks and paint them with blue colour (from one side) and then start pasting the painted sticks (safron, white and green) on them to make a national flag (see the pic below).
Step 4 – After pasting the sticks it will look like below.
Step 5 – With blue colour draw a chakra in the middle of the flag.
Step 6 – Tie a ribbon or thread so that you can hang your national flag.
Your national flag with popsicle sticks is ready.
Hope you enjoyed this easy craft idea for Republic day and Independence day. Do let us know what you did using comments below.
Don’t miss to pin
Download Free India themed Coloring sheets
You can also use Republic Day or Independence day as an opportunity to talk to your kids about National symbols of India, our currency and famous monuments. Here are more than 10 free coloring sheets/worksheets on India theme to help you get started with the conversation.
If you want to check out how, do read our popular posts on Child Growth and Development.
Hope you enjoy reading it and find it useful.
- What is Child Development, what are the areas and skills associated
- How to Contribute to your kids development
- 7 things you must know about STEM
- What is Spatial Intelligence ? Is it important for kids
- Five Reason why you should read to your baby
- How to choose the right books for your baby and toddler
- Is screen time babies and toddler Good or Bad ?
- How to plan activities for your kid in limited time
- Best games activities and toys for 2 year old
- Fine motor skills activities crafts for kids
- Critical thinking activities for kids
- Hand eye coordination activities crafts for kids
Liked this post ?
You may also want to check out all ideas for Republic day crafts and activities for kids. Most of these can also be done on Indian Independence day.
Your Turn Now
In case if you liked this article do show your support by sharing this article.
Like our Facebook Page
Stay connected with us using your favorite social media, we can be found on
Add a comment
Don’t you find this National flag with popsicle sticks idea interesting and beautiful ? Try this and let me know using comments below. Would love to hear from you