These pre-writing worksheets are designed for toddlers and young kids (Beginners level). These are designed to improve the fine motor skills and pencil griping of kids. It has lines that are bold and thick which are easier for young kids to trace.
You can use these worksheets for
- Tracing lines
- Improving Fine Motor skills
- Improving Hand Eye coordination
Before kids actually start writing it is very much required to develop their finger muscles so that they can hold the pencil correctly and can write properly. We can do this in number of ways. The most common is scribbling, finger painting, beading, sorting, peeling, tracing etc. We would be talking about these in greater details soon
This set of worksheets is beginners level as initially it starts with sleeping and standing lines and then slanting lines. To make the worksheets fun and interesting for kids we have added some familiar objects on sheets. Kids will love to recognize them and would love to have discussion around them.
- How to teach alphabets to preschoolers
- Math practice worksheets for Nursery kids
- Free Spring themed worksheets for kids
- More fun Preschool worksheets and printables set – that makes learning fun for kids
- Check out all Kids crafts
- FREE worksheets for kids
In this article
Prewriting worksheets Toddlers Features
- 1 Cover page + 29 prewriting worksheets for practice
- Minimum recommended age 2.5 years old
- Bold and thick simple patters to get started with prewriting (Beginners level)
- PDF downloadable worksheets pack of A4 size
- Improve fine motor skills and hand eye-coordination of kids.
Activities in these sheets:
- Trace the sleeping lines.
- Trace the standing lines.
- Trace the slanting lines.
This downloadable worksheets pack contains 30 sheets (of A4 size) with one cover page containing instructions and 29 worksheets with activities to practice the pre-writing sheets.back to menu ↑
How to buy these Prewriting worksheets for Toddlers
These worksheets are only for personal purpose
Note – This is a copyright property. Not for commercial use (to be shared or sold)back to menu ↑
Prewriting worksheets PDF for 3+ years Features
After you are done with beginners level, The next set of activities to do with kids is to trace lines, curves and shapes
These advanced level prewriting worksheets pdf are designed for 3 year old above kids to improve the fine motor skills and pencil griping of kids. This prewriting strokes worksheets pdf focuses on lines, curves, shapes and various other patterns.
Contains – 1 Cover page + 23 prewriting activities worksheets for practiceback to menu ↑
Prewriting Activities in these pdf sheets
- Trace the lines (straight, zigzag)
- Trace the curves (various kind of curves are covered)
- Trace shapes and patterns
- Draw with prewriting patterns
Pattern tracing on these help kids to improve prewriting skills, kids learn to control their hand movement which helps them in creating a foundation needed for learning writing alphabet and numbersback to menu ↑
How to buy these Prewriting worksheets for 3 year old (Advanced set)
These worksheets are only for personal purpose
The PDF would be delivered to yourself via instamojo (India) and Gumroad (USD) which is completely safe for digital downloadsback to menu ↑
How to use these Prewriting worksheets
You can use these worksheets by showing your kid how to trace on them. For younger kids you can laminate them and place playdough or pebbles on the lines. You can talk about various objects you see on the worksheets as you solve the worksheets.
There are different types of activities in the printables for tracing and prewriting. Let your kid do it using crayons and guide in how to hold crayons. You can also use the sheets to stick pom poms or place beads on the lines.back to menu ↑
Tips for Prewriting strategies for preschoolers
Development of Prewriting activities for toddlers and preschoolers requires doing hands on activities more than worksheets which help kids in their writing process.
Development of Prewriting skills and fine motor skills is essential before a child has ability and strength to be able to hold pencil and be able to control effectively to write alphabet, numbers, colour or draw.
I have heard multiple questions like – How do I teach my 3 year old to write? My child is 4 year old and not interested in writing, what can I do
Please note different kids, master prewriting at different ages. Kids effectively start writing at the age of 5 above so please do not force them and give them time and ample opportunity to be able to improve Prewriting skillsback to menu ↑
How can you help Toddlers and Preschool Children develop prewriting skills
If you are wondering How you can improve my toddlers writing skills?
You can do below activities to help your child develop pre-writing skills. Practice and improve fine motor skills by –
- Tearing and pasting paper
- Sand or Salt Tracing
- Playing with playdough making different shapes with it or making alphabet patterns on printable alphabet playdough mat or on printable number mats
- Playing with Building blocks
- Pasting pom poms or stickers
- Doing art and craft projects
- Lacing beads
- Activities or toys that need them to button or unbutton
- Give them free time and material to draw, scribble and make what they want to using paper and crayons. In beginning you can get them fat crayons.
- Give them opportunity to write on vertical surface. If possible get an easel and let them express ideas using chalk and blackboard
Above activities would help you encourage early writing skills at homeback to menu ↑
Toys and Supplies that help develop Prewriting skills
Here are few of my favourite supplies and toys that can be used for developing prewriting skills.
Lacing Toys for toddlers
Chunky puzzles for kids
Wooden writing practice boards
Magnetic slate for kids
Puzzles with knobs
Chunky Crayons for Kids
Easel for kidsback to menu ↑
More Hands on Prewriting activities for preschoolers
Here are some prewriting activities that you can do with kids using this reusable wipe clean product. Its a STEAL DEAL for the offer price
Check reviews of reusable wipe clean prewriting cards .
Here are some fun prewriting activities that you can do with kids using these.back to menu ↑
How to convert these worksheets into Reusable worksheets
You can turn these printables into reusable worksheets by laminating them using Laminating sheets and laminator.
If you are not in India, check this one out it has more than two thousand reviews
Let your kid solve the puzzles and solve these sheets and you can guide them. Have fun together, you are doing great 🙂back to menu ↑
More FREE FUN preschool worksheets
- FREE Number Counting mats for toddlers covers numbers 0 till 10
- FREE Number counting mats for 9 till 20. Great for teaching concept of Tens and One
- Free printable Number Counting clip cards (Christmas themes)
- 52 FREE Alphabet matching clip cards (Great for learning upper case and lower case letter matching)
- FREE Alphabet beginning sounds clip cards. (Phonic activities for kids)
DO NOT MISS MANY MORE FREE worksheets and printable pdf hereback to menu ↑