Looking for a way to introduce numbers to your kid? These FREE number mats are great for teaching numbers 1 to 10 to toddlers, preschooler or Kindergartener (age 2 to 5 year old). These can be used as Playdough printable number mats for teaching counting to your child. Download and use it in variety of ways.
You can use these number mats to help your child practice making numbers 0 – 10 or help your child to work on math and counting skills.
Since these counting mats can be used with wide variety of manipulatives like – Playdough, stickers, Crayons, paints, yarn, Legos, Pasta, Dot stickers and/or cotton, They are not only good to develop math skills but also hand eye coordination and developing fine motor skills.
Supplies you can use with these Number mats
- Downloadable pdf of Number mats
- Playdough. We usually buy this one
- Stickers. We usually get these Smiley stickers or star stickers
- Pom Poms. We recently got these ones.
- Dot stickers, You can try these
Free Download Number mats 1-10 pdf printable
You can click on below download button to start download
Other fun ways of introducing numbers
- Number Flashcards
- Number books
- Hands on structured activities for kids
- Counting of objects (Pom poms, Crayons, Toys, Cars)
- Conversations during daily life – Counting stairs, counting fruits and vegetables, counting utensils in kitchen and so on
How to use these Printable Counting mats for learning Preschool Math
If you are using them with playdough, you can ask you child to make number shapes with playdough and place on the mats. They can make playdough balls and count as they learn about each number and understand the concept of quantity.
You can laminate these printables to make them stronger and sturdier. Thus you can do multiple number activities for preschoolers with these number mats pdf printables set. I use this laminator at home. If you are outside India you can check out this one
If you are using stickers, you can ask your child to place stickers on each number. And count and place stickers on the number mat printable.
You can also use dot markers, paint or crayons on these number mats, based on your child’s interests.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THESE NUMBER MATS FOR LATER
Number books for kids
Children’s Counting Books for kids if you are in India. I love below one.
Number books or Children’s counting books for kids if you are outside India
- FREE printable Things that start with a, b, c, d, and all alphabet for introducing Alphabet
- Free Alphabet playdough mats printable
- FREE Alphabet beginning sounds clip cards. (Phonic activities for kids)
- Free missing Alphabet worksheets for kids
- 52 FREE Alphabet matching clip cards (Great for learning upper case and lower case letter matching)
- Free Colour matching activities for toddlers and prenursery kids
- FREE Number Counting mats for toddlers covers numbers 0 till 10
- FREE Number counting mats for 9 till 20. Great for teaching concept of Tens and One
- Free printable Number Counting clip cards (Christmas themes)
- Free ADDITION with pictures clip cards for those beginning to Add
- FREE Addition Clip cards Activities for Kindergarten kids
DO NOT MISS MANY MORE FREE worksheets and printable pdf here