Babies are tiny but bring along a wide range of essential items, worried about what to buy for your baby? here we have listed all the baby essentials that you will need in your journey.
Baby Essentials for Newborns
Newborns are fragile and need specific care. Here are some baby essentials that you should have on hand to care for your new bundle of joy:
- A safe place to sleep: A bassinet, crib, or pack ‘n play with a firm, flat surface is ideal for babies to sleep on their backs. Be sure to keep pillows, blankets, toys, and other loose items out of the sleep area so baby doesn’t get tangled up or suffocate.
- A place to change diapers: A clean, flat surface like a changing table or dresser top is perfect for diaper changes. Be sure to have plenty of diapers, wipes, and rash cream on hand.
- Clothing: Newborns will need plenty of onesies, sleepers, and socks. Be sure to have a few outfits in different sizes on hand so you’re prepared as the baby grows.
- Feeding supplies: If you’re breastfeeding, you’ll need a good nursing pillow, nursing bras, and breast pads. If you’re formula-feeding, you’ll need bottles, nipples, and formula.
- Bathing supplies: The baby will need a gentle soap or shampoo, a soft washcloth, and a towel. You might also want to invest in a baby bathtub.
- Health and safety supplies: You’ll need a baby thermometer, nail clippers, and a bulb syringe. You might also want to have a medicine dropper on hand in case the baby needs medication.
- Transportation: A baby carrier, car seat, and stroller will come in handy for outings with the baby. Be sure to read the instructions carefully so you can use them safely.
These are just a few of the baby essentials you’ll need to care for your new arrival. Be sure to stock up before the baby comes so you’re prepared for anything.
In This article you Will Find
- Best Baby Cots in India
- Best Strollers and Prams for Babies
- Best Toys for Babies
- Best Carry-cots for Infants
- Best Baby Carriers in India
- Best and Most Trusted Car Seats for Babies
- Best Baby Bath Tubs in India
- Best Shampoos for babies in India
- Best Toilet Training Seats for Toddlers
- Best Playmats for Tummy Time for infants/Babies
Baby shopping list for first-time moms
- Pack n Play
- Diaper rash cream
- Baby shampoo and body wash
- Baby lotion
- Baby powder
- Onesies or bodysuits
- Sleepers or footed pajamas
- Socks or booties
- Hats or beanies
- Mittens or gloves
- Swaddles or blankets
- Bouncer seat or swing
- High chair or booster seat
- Car seat
- Baby carrier
- Breast pump
This is just a general list of items that you may need for your baby. Of course, every baby is different and you may not need all of these items or you may need other items not listed here. Talk to your friends and family, do some research online, and ask your doctor for advice to figure out what is best for you and your baby. Congratulations on becoming a mom!
Sebamed Baby Gentle Wash, 400ml
Rs. 729 in stock
- Made in Germany
- Squalene supports the lipid barrier of babies and children. All Skin Types
- Sugar based mild cleanser, botanical lipids similar to vernix, allantoin
- Instructions Included ; Vital protection against irritation ; Protects skin from dryness and supplements it with moisture
Max Care Virgin Coconut Oil (Cold Pressed) 500Ml
Rs. 356 in stock
- Extracted from Fresh Coconut Milk; 100% Natural, Cold Pressed & Unrefined
- Can be used for Cooking, as a Dietary Supplement & for Skin, Hair & Baby Care
- Promotes Healthy metabolism & Improves Immunity
- Excellent Natural Moisturiser & great for Dry Skin & Nourishment of Skin
- Prevents hair fall, Controls Dandruff & Strengthens Hair
Mee Mee Mild Baby Liquid Laundry Detergent (500 ml - Bottle)
Rs. 312 in stock
- Wonderful whitening effect, prevents soil and dirt from depositing onto the fabric. Material Type Free: Phosphate Free. Scent Name: Fresh and Sensitive
- No harsh chemicals, removes stains effectively
- No artificial colouring, totally safe, phosphorous and fluorescent-free
- Biodegradable and anti-bacterial
- Mild detergent specially formulated for washing your baby's clothes
Sebamed Baby (Children) Shampoo, 150ml
Rs. 357 in stock
- Made in Germany
- Extra mild active surfactants for the gentle cleansing of fine child hair simultaneously, its ph strengthens the scalp for optimal hair growth and special camomile extracts soothe the scalp to alleviate skin irritation, no burning or stinging in the eyes due to a special no tears formula
- Sugar based mild cleanser, chamomile
- Wet baby's hair and take 1 to 2 ml of Sebamed children's shampoo, dilute it with equal quantity of water and gently massage on scalp
- Instructions Included
Sebamed Baby Powder, 200g
Rs. 566 in stock
- Made in Germany
- Helps to prevent friction, prevents nappy rash, olive oil soothes and protects baby's skin from dryness, allantoin reduces irritation
- Talc, micronized form of titanium dioxide, extracts of olive oil, allantoin
- To apply, step away from your baby and shake the powder into your hand and don't shake it directly on your baby or nearby and then apply gently to avoid producing a cloud of powder and store the powder out of your baby's reach
- Instructions Included
SebaMed BABY POWDER (400g)
|Part Number||BABY POWDER_p|
Sebamed Baby Rash Cream, 100ml
Rs. 445 in stock
- Made in Germany
- Micronized Titanium dioxide, Moisture complex of Bees wax + Sorbitol + Squalene, Panthenol, Chamomile, Lecithin, Wheat germ oil
- Chamomile soothes irritated skin and helps to protect from infection, titanium dioxide forms a protective barrier against aggressive constituents of excrement
- Eases the symptoms of rash while simultaneously protecting the skin, contains a rich lipid complex with squalene and lecithin, panthenol helps to heal wounds and supports the healing process. Clinically proven - 50% reduction in diaper rash within 3 weeks
- Instructions Included
Sebamed Baby Lotion, 100ml
Rs. 392 in stock
- Made in Germany
- Easily absorbed emollient with 7 percent lipids, special emollient skin care complex with sorbitol for soft skin, chamomile extract protects from irritation of sensitive baby skin, allantoin keeps baby's skin soft and supple
- Natural lipids, sorbitol, allantoin, panthenol and lecithin
- Use Sebamed baby lotion after your baby's bath and before the baby goes to bed at night and take 2 3 ml of Sebamed baby lotion on your palm and gently massage it over entire body to soften your baby's skin
- Instructions Included
Luvlap Adore Electric Breast Pump with 2 Phase Pumping, Rechargeable Battery, 2pcs Breast pads free, Soft & Gentle, BPA Free
Rs. 2,999 in stock
- For gentle and effective expression of Breast Milk. Comes with 1 year warranty.
- 2 phase operation: Massage - Expression l 9 level intensity adjustment per mode
- Full Digital Touch Screen, LCD Display with Smart Memory- remembers last usage settings
- Soft silicone massage cushion ensures comfort
- Closed pumping system prevents contamination via back-flow of milk into suction tube
Philips Avent Anti Colic Bottle 260ml (Single Pack,White)
Rs. 324 in stock
- Proven to reduce colic and fussing
- Uninterrupted feeding
- Easy to hold and clean
- Mix and match
- BPA free
FLIPZON Baby Wardrobe Plastic Multipurpose 6 Shelve, Foldable, (Unbreakable Material) (Blue, Pack Of 1)
Rs. 1,095 in stock
- Assembly:- DIY (Do it yourself), Dimensions After Assembly is (L) 46 cm x (b) 30 cm x (h) 149 cm (Instruction In Box)
- Your child's storehouse to keep his stuff neatly in 6 large and spacious tray.
- Comes with 4 wheels making it easy to push or relocate, Easy to maintain and assemble.
- Cartoon Printed Cover Kids would loved it to store there useful needed things in it, Fabric zip cover is easy to remove and wash
- Two Side Pockets For Extra Storage For Small Products Like Baby Accessories etc. Zippered closure
Himalaya Gentle Baby Wipes Mega Offer Pack (4N x 72's) Save Rs.101/-
Rs. 551 in stock
- Himalaya gentle baby wipes mega offer pack (4n x 72's)
- Wipe gently with the power of herbs
- Indian aloe: Moisturizes the skin
- Indian lotus: Keeps skin soft and supple
- Free from alcohols, silicones and lanolin, the usual factors for allergies, rashes and irritation
Newborn baby checklist
- 1. Diapers
- 2. Wipes
- 3. Baby clothes
- 4. Burp cloths
- 5. Bibs
- 6. Breast pump
- 7. Formula
- 8. Bottles
- 9. Pacifiers
- 10. Baby blanket
- 11. Baby book
- 12. Baby toys
- 13. Baby carrier or stroller
- 14. Emergency contact information
- 15. Hospital bag for baby and parents
The first few weeks at home with a newborn baby are both exciting and exhausting. To help you prepare, we’ve created this newborn baby checklist of essential items you’ll need to care for your little one.
Baby Wardrobe Essentials
There are a few key items that every baby’s wardrobe should include. Here is a list of the essential items that you’ll need to keep your little one comfortable and stylish:
- Onesies: Every baby needs a few onesies in their wardrobe. They are perfect for layering under clothes or wearing on their own. Look for onesies that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have snaps for easy changing.
- Footed Pajamas: Footed pajamas are a must-have for any baby. They will keep your little one warm and cozy all night long. Look for pajamas that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have snaps or a zipper for easy changing.
- Sleep Sacks: Sleep sacks are another essential item for any baby’s wardrobe. They are perfect for keeping your little one warm and cozy all night long. Look for sleep sacks that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have snaps or a zipper for easy changing.
- Bodysuits: Bodysuits are a great addition to any baby’s wardrobe. They are perfect for layering under clothes or wearing on their own. Look for bodysuits that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have snaps for easy changing.
- Sweaters: Sweaters are a great way to keep your little one warm in the colder months. Look for sweaters that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have buttons or a zipper for easy changing.
- Coats: Coats are a must-have for any baby in the colder months. Look for coats that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have buttons or a zipper for easy changing.
- Hat: A hat is a great way to keep your little one’s head warm in the colder months. Look for hats that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have a chin strap for a snug fit.
- Mittens: Mittens are a must-have for any baby in the colder months. They will keep your little one’s hands warm and cozy all day long. Look for mittens that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have a Velcro closure for a snug fit.
- Booties: Booties are another essential item for any baby in the colder months. They will keep your little one’s feet warm and cozy all day long. Look for booties that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have a Velcro closure for a snug fit.
- Socks: Socks are a great way to keep your little one’s feet warm in the colder months. Look for socks that are made from soft, breathable fabric and that have a grip sole for a snug fit.
There you have it! These are the essential items that every baby’s wardrobe should include. With these key pieces, you’ll be able to keep your little one comfortable and stylish all year long.
Baby Nursery Essentials
When it comes to getting your baby’s nursery ready, there are a few essential items you’ll need to have on hand. A crib or bassinet is a must, along with a firm, flat mattress that fits snugly. You’ll also need 2-4 fitted crib sheets, a rocking chair or glider, and a baby monitor. A diaper changing table or dresser with changing pad is also handy, as is toy storage. A white noise machine, diaper pail, and cool mist humidifier are optional but can be helpful in creating a calm and comfortable environment for your little one. Additionally, you might want to consider buying a few toys and books.
As you start to assemble your baby’s nursery, keep in mind that safety is always the most important consideration. Make sure that you follow all safety guidelines when choosing and setting up furniture, and be sure to purchase only age-appropriate toys and materials. With a little planning and thought, you can create a safe and stylish nursery that will be a comfortable haven for both you and your baby.
Baby Diapering essentials
A baby’s bottom is a sensitive area and needs to be well taken care of. Diapers are one of the most important items you’ll need to purchase for your baby. Here is a list of diapering essentials to help get you started.
- Diaper rash cream: This will help soothe your baby’s bottom and prevent diaper rash.
- Diapers: You’ll need to decide what kind of diapers you want to use. Cloth diapers will need to be washed, while disposable diapers can simply be thrown away.
- Wipes: Baby wipes are essential for keeping your baby’s bottom clean.
- Diaper bag: A diaper bag will help you keep all of your diaper essentials organized and in one place.
With these diapering essentials, you’ll be well on your way to taking care of your baby’s bottom.
There’s a lot to consider when it comes to diapering your baby. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! Here are the essentials you need to know about diapering your baby.
Below are a few diapering-related commonly asked questions-
What type of diapers should I use?
The most important thing to consider when choosing a diaper is whether it will be comfortable for your baby. There are many different types of diapers on the market, so it’s important to do your research and find the right one for your baby.
How often should I change my baby’s diaper?
It’s important to change your baby’s diaper often to prevent diaper rash. Most experts recommend changing your baby’s diaper every 2-3 hours.
What type of diaper rash cream should I use?
If your baby does get a diaper rash, there are many different types of diaper rash creams on the market. It’s important to find one that is gentle and effective.
Baby Bath Essentials
When you’re getting ready to bathe your baby, there are a few things you’ll need to have on hand. Here’s a list of some essential items for baby’s bath time:
- A safe place to bathe your baby. This could be a sink, a bathtub, or even a large plastic tub.
- A soft towel or two to wrap your baby in after their bath.
- A cup or small pitcher for pouring water over your baby during the bath.
- Mild, unscented soap and shampoo specifically designed for babies.
- A washcloth or soft sponge for washing your baby’s face and body.
- A soft, clean towel for drying off your baby after the bath.
- A baby lotion
With these items, you’ll be all set to give your baby a gentle, relaxing bath. Enjoy this special time with your little one!
Baby Feeding Essentials
There are a few essential items you will need to feed your baby, whether you are breast or bottle feeding. Here is a list of some of the things you will need:
- A breast pump, if you are planning on pumping milk for your baby.
- Good quality baby bottles and nipples. You may want to try a few different brands to see which ones your baby likes the best.
- A bottle sterilizer.
- Fresh, clean water for mixing formula or washing bottles.
- A burp cloth or bibs. Babies tend to make a lot of mess when they eat!
- A comfortable place for you to sit while you feed your baby. A rocking chair or glider is often nice for nursing mothers.
- A few favorite toys or books to keep your baby entertained while they eat.
With these items, you will be well on your way to successfully feeding your baby!
Baby Gear Essentials
There are a few essential pieces of gear you’ll need for your baby. An infant car seat or convertible car seat is necessary for transportation, and a stroller will be helpful for getting around with your baby. A baby carrier can be useful, too, and a baby swing or bouncer can provide entertainment and relief when you need it. Finally, a play mat is a great way to give your baby a safe space to play.
With all the gear you need for your baby, it’s important to have a plan for how to use it all. That’s why we’ve put together this helpful guide. Read on for more information about the different types of baby gear and how to use them.
Infant car seats are designed for babies from birth to about a year old. They usually have a carrying handle and can be used with or without a base. Convertible car seats can be used for babies and toddlers up to 40 pounds. Strollers come in all shapes and sizes, from lightweight umbrella strollers to jogging strollers. They can be helpful for getting around with your baby, especially if you’re going to be doing a lot of walking.
Baby carriers are a great way to keep your hands free while still being close to your baby. There are many different types of carriers, from wraps and slings to front and back carriers. Baby swings and bouncers are a great way to entertain your baby and give your arms a break. Play mats are a great way to create a safe space for your baby to play. They often have toys attached to them, which can help keep your baby entertained.
When you’re choosing baby gear, it’s important to think about what you’ll need and how you’ll use it. Consider your lifestyle and choose gear that will be easy for you to use. With a little planning, you can make sure you have all the gear you need to keep your baby happy and safe.
Baby Grooming and Health Essentials
Assuming you’ve already got the basics like a crib, car seat, stroller, and diapers, here are some other things you might need to get started with baby grooming:
1. Baby shampoo and body wash: A mild, tear-free formula is best for your little one’s delicate skin and eyes. Look for products that are hypoallergenic and free of harsh chemicals.
2. Baby lotion: A good baby lotion will help keep your little one’s skin hydrated and soft. Choose a fragrance-free, hypoallergenic product to avoid any irritation.
3. Baby powder: Baby powder can be used to absorb excess moisture and help keep your baby’s skin dry. Look for a talc-free powder to avoid any respiratory irritation.
4. Baby wipes: Baby wipes are handy for quick clean-ups, and they can also be used to remove makeup or other products from your own face. Choose a hypoallergenic, unscented variety to avoid irritation.
5. Diaper rash cream: Diaper rash is a common problem for babies, and a good diaper rash cream can help soothe the irritation and heal the skin. Look for an organic, natural product to avoid any harmful chemicals.
6. Baby nail clippers: It’s important to keep your baby’s nails trimmed to avoid scratches, and baby nail clippers are specially designed to be gentle on delicate skin.
7. Baby hairbrush: A soft-bristled baby hairbrush is perfect for brushing your little one’s delicate hair. Choose a natural bristle brush to avoid any irritation.
8. Baby sunscreen: It’s important to protect your baby’s skin from the sun, and there are many baby-safe sunscreen formulas on the market. Look for a broad-spectrum product with an SPF of at least 30.
9. Baby bug spray: If you’ll be spending time outdoors, it’s a good idea to have a baby-safe bug spray on hand to keep pesky insects away. Look for a natural, DEET-free product.
10. Baby first aid kit: It’s always a good idea to be prepared for minor injuries and illnesses, so a baby first aid kit is essential. Be sure to include items like bandages, antiseptic wipes, and a thermometer.
Essential tips for keeping your baby healthy
In order to ensure that your baby stays healthy, there are a few essentials that you will need to take care of. Here is a list of the most important things to remember:
1. Vaccinations: It is crucial that you keep up with your baby’s vaccinations in order to protect them from harmful diseases. Make sure to talk to your pediatrician about the recommended vaccination schedule for your child.
2. Healthy Diet: A healthy diet is important for all children, but especially for babies. Make sure to give your baby plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Avoid processed foods as much as possible.
3. Exercise: It is important for all children to get plenty of exercise, but babies need it just as much as older kids. Make sure to take your baby for walks every day, and let them play as often as possible.
4. Sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for all children, but babies need even more sleep than older kids. Make sure to put your baby down for naps during the day, and make sure they get at least eight hours of sleep at night.
5. bonding: Spending time with your baby is essential for their development. Make sure to cuddle, play, and read with your baby every day.
As a new parent, you want to do everything you can to ensure your baby is healthy and happy. and I am sure you are doing great
If you found this useful please do share it with other parents now.