Looking for the best dishwashers in India? Here we have covered the best dishwasher brands; dishwasher pros, and cons in India, honest reviews along with the supplies you would need if you buy one.
When we were moving to our new house, I wanted to get a dishwasher installed then but fell for the myth that dishwashers don’t work for Indian cooking and you manually need to wash everything. I so regret that decision of mine. The lockdown during this pandemic has taught me and many others what a boon technology is.
Here we have curated a list of 8 best tried and tested dishwasher brands available in India. But before we go ahead let us first look at common terms that would help you choose a dishwasher
Also if you are in a hurry and want to know which dishwasher you can get my inputs are – If you need a budget-friendly countertop dishwasher (one that you can keep on top of your counter next to the kitchen sink) – Go for this one. I personally am using it. If you have space then go for Bosch Dishwashers here
|Top 3 Dishwashers||Get it here|
|Bosch 13 Place Settings Dishwasher||Click Here|
|Siemens 12 Place Settings Dishwasher||Click Here|
|Hafele Aqua 12 PS||Click Here|
To make choosing a Dishwasher simple for you here we have a dishwasher terminology –
Dishwashers come with different settings- mostly from 8 places to 14 place, where one place setting usually refers to – a dinner plate, dessert plate, one glass, soup bowl, teacup with saucer, knife, spoons, and forks. So if we say 8 places setting it means it can wash 8 times of these.
These rotate sprinkling water on all the dishes. Most dishwashers come with 2-4 arms.
Hard water makes it difficult for detergents to clean. Hardness is resultant of magnesium and calcium in the water.
✅ Best Dishwashers in India 2021
Bosch (The best dishwasher in India)
Bosch 13 place setting dishwasher is currently the best available dishwasher. Bosch and Siemens are quite similar as they are marketed and serviced by the same company in India.
13 place setting dishwashers are good enough for a family of 8 and more members. They also have 14 place Dishwashers, if you have a big budget, a large family, and enough space, you can go for a 14 place setting Bosch dishwasher.
Bosch 13 Place Settings Dishwasher (SMS66GI01I, Silver Inox)
Rs. 40,590 in stock
- 13 Place Setting: Suitable for families with up to 4 -5 members with Adjustable Cutlery box.
- IndianKitchenKaDishwasher - This Bosch dishwasher is designed for Indian Kitchens as it can easily fit all type of utensils and clean them. No need to manually pre-rinse utensils before loading in dishwasher.
- Intensive Kadhai Programme– Perfected for cleaning greasy Indian Utensils & Oily masala stains. Noise Level : 52dB
- 6 Wash Programmes & 3 options. Express Sparkle Programme – Saves Time, Half Load option- For fewer utensils, Extra dry option – For better drying efficiency.
- Save Water – Dishwasher uses 10litre of water. While manual washing uses minimum 60 litres of water, Save time - Get clean & dried utensils in just 59 minutes
Best dishwasher in India for large family
Bosch 14 place dishwasher
Bosch 14 Place Settings free-standing Dishwasher (SMS6HVI00I, Fingerprint free steel)
- 14 Place Setting: Suitable for families with up to 7-8 members with Adjustable Cutlery box.
- Home Connect (IOT enabled dishwasher): operate your dishwasher from anywhere using a smartphone or voice assistant device for an easier everyday life
- EcoSilence Drive: especially energy-saving and silent in operation with a particularly high life span.
- 3 stage Rackmatic desgin: adjustable baskets provide flexibility in loading Indian utenils
- Save Water – Dishwasher uses 9.5 litre of water. While manual washing uses minimum 60 litres of water, Save time - Get clean & dried utensils in just 59 minutes
Siemens dishwasher (Best dishwasher with great after-sales service)
Siemens has 12 and 14 place Dishwashers available. They offer a variety of innovative functions and are easy to install. Siemens has great after-sales service.
Siemens 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (SN256W01GI, White)
Rs. 37,800 in stock
- 13 Place Settings: Suitable for families with up to 4 - 5 members, comes with Adjustable Cutlery box
- German Engineered dishwasher that delivers clean results in less time with newly-improved wash programmes
- iQdrive: The wear-free iQdrive motor is very efficient, quiet and long-lasting
- 6 Wash Programmes & 3 options
- DosageAssist: optimum results thanks to effective dissolution of the tablet
Like Bosch and Siemens, Miele is another German brand, lesser-known among Indian households as their products are mostly for commercial use. However, they are one of the best functioning dishwashers available. Miele dishwashers are available through Miele distributors only.
An advantage that Miele has over other brand machines is that they have a patented third rack for cutlery.back to menu ↑
Voltas Beko (Budget-friendly Table-top or Best countertop dishwasher in India)
Newly launched portable dishwasher perfect for small families. Beko, a Turkish company is popular for home appliances. These dishwashers come with 6 washing programs. Voltas Beko has 8PS to 15 PS dishwashers available in the market.
Voltas Beko 8 Place Table Top Dishwasher (DT8S, Silver, Inbuilt Heater, Adjustable Upper Shelf)
Rs. 25,999 in stock
- 8 Place Setting: Can fit up to 96 vessels. One place setting consists of a dinner plate, desert plate, single glass, soup bowl, tea cup with saucer, knife, spoons and fork.
- 6 wash programs: Intensive, normal, eco, glassware, clean & shine, Mini 30 program. Suitable for all kinds of utensils in the Indian kitchen including stainless steel, ceramic etc. Water Consumption: 8 ltr per cycle.
- Intensive 70C - for heavily soiled crockery (like Kadhai) provides superior and hygienic cleaning using powerful water jets and high temperature | Normal - for normally soiled loads
- ECO - special program for saving water and electricity | Glassware - for lightly soiled crockery and glass
- Clean & shine- Provides superior washing and drying of lightly soiled crockery and glassware | Mini 30 program- a quick wash for lightly soiled loads that do not need drying
If you are looking for a 14 place dishwasher you can go for below one
Voltas Beko 14 Place Settings Dishwasher (DF14S2, Silver)
Rs. 47,899 in stock
- Standard Dishwashers : Affordable with best-in-class wash quality and easy to use
- Capacity 14 place settings : Suitable for families with 3 - 6 members
- Water consumption: 9.5 Ltrs
- Warranty: 2 year comprehensive warranty, 12 year motor warranty
- Wash Programs: 8 wash programs
Hafele Aqua 12 PS (Value for money Dishwashers in India)
Faber Dishwashers also come in 12 and 14 place settings and 6 and 8 wash programs respectively. Price-wise one of the best in 14 PS.
Hafele Aqua 12S, 12 Place Settings Stainless Steel Freestanding Dishwasher, Silver
- 12 Place Settings which is enough not only for an average Indian family but also for when there are guests over
- Low Water Consumption with ECO Program: Clean dishes with as little as 11 L
- 99.9% Germ-free Cleaning: The Aqua 12S Dishwasher delivers a hygienic wash capable of eliminating 99.9% germs and bacteria
- No Wet Utensils: The drying cycle in the Aqua 12S Dishwasher leaves your dishes perfectly dry without any water residue or moisture deposit
- SoftTouch Shelves: Racks and Spikes are nylon coated provides a gentle hold for fragile glassware during washing and drying cycle
LG, one of its kind Wi-Fi Dishwashers
LG 14 place setting wi-fi Dishwasher. You can now ask your Dishwasher to do dishes for you remotely using your Google Assistant or Alexa. Although you still need to load the dishwasher. This dishwasher comes with 9 programs as compared to 6-8 wash programs by its counterparts. LG also has other models without wi-fi and with 12 PS.
LG 10.5 Kg / 7.0 Kg Inverter Wi-Fi Washer Dryer (FHD1057STB, Black VCM, In-built Heater, Turbo Wash)
Rs. 69,500 in stock
- Washer Dryers: Premium washing machine with best-in-class drying which is better than dryer of front-loader
- Total capacity: 10.5 kg/ 7 kg (washing/drying): Suitable for families with 5 to 7 members | Twin wash compatible
- Warranty: 2 years comprehensive & 10 years on motor T&C apply
- AI DD detects not only the weight, but also senses softness of fabric, and it chooses the optimal motions for the fabric by itself
- With TurboWash 360 Degree, your laundry can be thoroughly done in just 39 minutes with more fabric protection. 4 directions of 3D multi nozzles which reaches every inch of your laundry
IFB has 12 and 15 place setting dishwashers that are competitively priced between 30,000- 45,000. No other company so far has launched a 15 PS Dishwasher in India for domestic use. Priced at approximately 47,000 Neptune SX1 15 Place setting dishwasher is one of their best selling dishwashers.
IFB Neptune VX Fully Electronic Dishwasher (12 Place Settings, Dark Silver)
Rs. 38,990 in stock
- Installation: For requesting an installation/demo for this product once delivered, please call IFB support directly on 180030005678 and 18604255678 and provide the product's model name
- Energy Consumption: 0.9 kWh
- 12 place settings capacity
- 9 L water consumption
- Maximum Power: 2.2 Kw
These were our picks for best dishwashers currently available in India.
Bringing some of the frequently asked questions, hope your queries get answered here, if not you can anytime drop a comment and we will get back to you.back to menu ↑
How to use dishwashers for Indian cooking or are dishwashers in Indian Kitchen useful?
Yes, dishwashers are certainly suitable for Indian cooking, despite all the extensive cooking, with grease and spices, a good dishwasher will clean all your grime and other spice marks.
The dishwashers use hot water to clean and hence the cleaning is very good. Although, you will have to rinse the dishes of any food remnants before loading them in your dishwasher. Also, do not use dishwashers for clay and iron vessels.
Most of your other dishes (steel, ceramic, glass) are dishwasher safe.
Checkout this Godrej dishwasher with Anti-Germ CrystaLight powered by UV Technology, Extra Hygiene function, Smart Wash Technology >>> Dishwasher perfect for INDIAN KITCHEN<<<back to menu ↑
Which is the best dishwasher brand available in India?back to menu ↑
Which is a good portable dishwasher in India?
Voltas Beko is one of the best dishwashers in India for mid-range buying and also their 8 place setting, portable/counter-top dishwasher is perfect for small families.
Portable table top dishwashers can be a boon for small families and compact kitchens. Check out >>>>>> Best Portable dishwashers here. (Best handpicked choices)back to menu ↑
Can I use regular dishwashing liquid for dishwasher?
No, you need to get dishwashing liquid made specifically for dishwashers.back to menu ↑
What all do I need to buy for operating my Dishwasher?
You will need salt, liquid soap (specifically made for dishwasher) and rinse aid.
Salt is needed especially in India to soften the hard water.
I personally had got this combo of salt, liquid and rinse aid and it works great.back to menu ↑
Dishwasher pros and cons
Since families are bigger in India, one may have to shell out big buck for a larger dishwasher.
If you primarily use Iron and clay dishware, you may have to hand-wash them.
Some dishes like burnt milk pots, sticky gravies, will need a good cleansing before you put them in your dishwasher.
The pros outweigh the cons of having a dishwasher-
✅ The dishwasher saves water, while we wash with hands we end up wasting a lot of water, with dishwasher water is saved.
✅ In longer run it is cost effective than having a house- help do the dishes.
✅ Having a dishwasher saves time and makes life really easy and gives us time for other things rather than spending hours on cleaning utensils. Also, the utensils are clean and since they are washed with hot water, they are more hygienic as hot water also washes of germs.
✅ The utensils come out dry so you can directly keep them in your cabinets thus making the kitchen look cleaner.back to menu ↑
What are dishwasher compatible utensils
You can use below utensils in dishwasher
- Microwave safe plastics and melamine
Can I use Aluminium utensils in dishwasher – No, I would say avoid as I have put it once and I saw white spots on the Aluminium utensilsback to menu ↑
✅ Compare Best dishwasher price online (Sorted by price)
Hope you found this article useful. Any question you can always ask me in comments.